Thursday 7 November 2013

'the pipeline' - theme development


Following the production of my establishing shot, I developed my initial ideas forward to produce this image which emphasises my ambitions for my design project on Canvey Island.

The image highlights that I want to take precedent from the existing and complex pipeline systems on Canvey and create a 'pipeline city' of the future. The scheme would consist of multiple levels (pipelines of different use and diameter) that would allow users, transport and services to freely flow throughout.

In order to progress further it is vital that I gain a better understanding of how a pipeline is manufactured combined with the materials used and their properties. Additionally, I must carry out research into the patterns of 'flow' through and urban environment to ensure that I design an efficient flowing system.

No comments:

Post a Comment